You all are our brave Deaf warriors. You and your fellow students made a big sacrifice to save Gallaudet and we are forever indebted by your courageous actions.
Many police officers that night were very sympathetic to our cause and were really disgusted with Jordan for going this far. They disagreed with his actions, but were obligated by law to act on his orders.
Thanks for sharing with us your experience. I hope others will do the same thing.
Precious document despite the informality. That story HAS to be documented! I hope each one of the 133 people arrested videotape their own experiences and maybe Aiden can produce a film with your stories?? Raychelle, THANK YOU for sharing all details for ALL the reasons you mentioned and MORE, and more importantly, thank you for making the biggest impact and sacrifice of the whole protest.
WOW! All I could say here is that you haven't changed a bit since I dealed with you in the TAG (Talented and Gifted) program at Kendall. You were brave!
My eyes watered while I was watching your vlog. Powerful story. Thanks for sharing and most importantly thanks for doing it for ALL of us. I must add that the pizza part was hilarious!
Thank you all for your warm words of support! All of you are my warriors! We all are in this together - as bloggers, vloggers, tent city residents, Mt. Bison gatekeepers, etc. My next story will be about my stay in HMB during its lockdown. Many things happened during the protest that need to be documented as well. I hope this will be a catalyst in getting more people to do more vlogs/blogs about what happened. There were many more details I forgot to include, such as the boys' vans all had a metal divider- so you were sitting staring at a metal wall. I was told while inside the arrest classroom, that one van, the boys banged on the walls so hard that the driver turned the lights back on! Darn, wish we thought of that! :)
My neck was prickling as I was watching your vlog. So historic! I shall never know how to adequately thank you for your immeasurable and fathomless courage as a warrior in the UFG movement! Send a copy of your notarized vlog to Gallaudet's archives!
Powerful story with your experience of being arrested!! YOU did it for a good cause and WE thank you for standing up for what you believe and we OWE you for a great deal. I believe your standing up for what you truly believe, was the result for BoT to terminate JKF. If it wasn't for Black Friday, I think JKF would have been Gallaudet president today. Thank God she is gone so Gallaudet University and ASL are SAVED for our future Deaf generations. Thank you! Can't thank you enough! I sincerely hope you will have a great future despite of your permanent record for being arrested. (Actually, I am hoping the judge will reverse the decision to drop the charge as if you have have been arrested.) Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hi Raychelle, this is Susan from Torquay here, I'm sorry that you had to go through all this. I'm glad that you're ok though. The protest did work, there's Davila now and hopefully everything will be sorted out for Gallaudet.
Thanks for sharing your side of the story as this is the first I have heard about details coming from an eyewitness.
I am sorry that you were slammed in the jammer as ordered by a senile former President of Gally but I am sure it taught you to be a stronger person and that it shows the deaf community to take the stand no matter what.
It inspires me to see how a young energetic person like you stands up for what she believes in..to eradicate social injustice, that is.
Raychelle, you and other UFG arrestees definitely were the sacrifical lambs for all of us, deaf people and Gallaudet University!
You and the arrestees ought to bill IKJ and JK for the bail reimbursement money plus interests since last Octobe 2006. You and others ought to sue IKJ and JK and Paul Kelly for all the emotional distress and physical hardship for your unjustifable arrest in the first place. :)
Right now I found this about happened to you and some of studies from Galluadet... Also your vlog story about that happened terrible and make me sad what is going on arrest for student also including you too!
I have been watch Tv Cnn and News on Yahoo what I found it! That is time what is happened about Galluadet... I feel like want support to Gally University
Anyways... I was suppose to be attend to Galluadet University last 2000 but me cant! That is my goal to want go to Gally but still I cant! I do love Gally University... There have reason for my life, Oh well...Most of ppl do love in Gally and Support to Deaf each other at Gally... I never make it into Gally or NTID or whatever!
I am so glad that you brave to story about happened to your black friday arrest part 1 and 2, make me lil cry and terrible story...
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -schopenhauer
The world is not in any sense in danger from itself. The world is in fact not in any danger at all. It is we who are in danger.
-Daniel Quinn
The measure of a society is found in how they treat their weakest and most helpless citizens. As Americans, we are blessed with circumstances that protect our human rights and our religious freedom, but for many people around the world, deprivation and persecution have become a way of life
-Jimmy Carter
The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict (and even hotter for hostile comments posted by 'anonymous' or by people with pseudonyms ;) )
-Martin Luther King, Jr., parentheses by raychelle
We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are
-Anais Nin
Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral
-Paulo Freire
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man
-Mahatma Gandhi
We can only see what we know.
-Goethe
A cochlear implant is a tool. Just like a pager. Just like a iPod. Just like a computer. Just like glasses. Just like a plane. Just like lip-smacking 6-inch platform heels :) We want the world, therefore we should have it. We're not any less Deaf when we do.
-raychelle
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon
-Napoleon Bonparte (think about the term 'people' and who that represents. obviously, not all of us)
Live your life as an exclamation!
Not as an explanation.
(haven't you noticed by now that I love exclamations!!! and smiley faces :0))
.::Live Simply so that Others May Simply Live::. - Gandhi
FUBU. For us, by us. Support deaf and signing businesses for all your needs whenever possible.
There is no such thing as disability, but varying degrees of abilities. -Henry Viscardi
19 comments:
Raychelle-
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I thank 133 people that include you everyday for sacrificing for us in order to save Gallaudet University and the future of Deaf children.
You all gave many Deaf people and me a hope and a vision that the Deaf community will stand no matter what.
Aidan
LOL at the part where folks were sliding back/forth in the paddy wagon.
Nice 1st Vlog.
For what it's worth...you were one of 2-3 people's names that I recongized on the black friday arrest list.
You all are our brave Deaf warriors. You and your fellow students made a big sacrifice to save Gallaudet and we are forever indebted by your courageous actions.
Many police officers that night were very sympathetic to our cause and were really disgusted with Jordan for going this far. They disagreed with his actions, but were obligated by law to act on his orders.
Thanks for sharing with us your experience. I hope others will do the same thing.
Precious document despite the informality. That story HAS to be documented! I hope each one of the 133 people arrested videotape their own experiences and maybe Aiden can produce a film with your stories?? Raychelle, THANK YOU for sharing all details for ALL the reasons you mentioned and MORE, and more importantly, thank you for making the biggest impact and sacrifice of the whole protest.
It was interesting to hear your story. I laughed about that part "pizza". Great story.
WOW! All I could say here is that you haven't changed a bit since I dealed with you in the TAG (Talented and Gifted) program at Kendall. You were brave!
Racyhelle
My eyes watered while I was watching your vlog. Powerful story. Thanks for sharing and most importantly thanks for doing it for ALL of us. I must add that the pizza part was hilarious!
Thank you all for your warm words of support! All of you are my warriors! We all are in this together - as bloggers, vloggers, tent city residents, Mt. Bison gatekeepers, etc.
My next story will be about my stay in HMB during its lockdown. Many things happened during the protest that need to be documented as well. I hope this will be a catalyst in getting more people to do more vlogs/blogs about what happened. There were many more details I forgot to include, such as the boys' vans all had a metal divider- so you were sitting staring at a metal wall. I was told while inside the arrest classroom, that one van, the boys banged on the walls so hard that the driver turned the lights back on! Darn, wish we thought of that! :)
(hand waving)
Hi Raychelle!
Excellent vlog!
My thought will share with you when I see you in person! We can sit on surfboards and chatting while wait for wave coming!
Lenois.com
Raychelle,
My neck was prickling as I was watching your vlog. So historic!
I shall never know how to adequately thank you for your immeasurable and fathomless courage as a warrior in the UFG movement! Send a copy of your notarized vlog to Gallaudet's archives!
Gratefully and respectfully,
Jean Boutcher
Great vlog, Raychelle! You surely gave us the inside glimpse of what Black Friday was like.
Thanks for sharing this important part of history and saving Gallaudet.
Hope more UTG protestors will share a vlog of their experience.
Bless you,
Katherine
Powerful story with your experience of being arrested!! YOU did it for a good cause and WE thank you for standing up for what you believe and we OWE you for a great deal. I believe your standing up for what you truly believe, was the result for BoT to terminate JKF. If it wasn't for Black Friday, I think JKF would have been Gallaudet president today. Thank God she is gone so Gallaudet University and ASL are SAVED for our future Deaf generations. Thank you! Can't thank you enough! I sincerely hope you will have a great future despite of your permanent record for being arrested. (Actually, I am hoping the judge will reverse the decision to drop the charge as if you have have been arrested.) Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Matt Jamison
Gallaudet Alumni '87
Whoops.. I meant as if you NEVER had been arrested, not have have been arrested. Pardon my English. :-)
Matt Jamison
you story brought my full tears of ur love to gally.
Hi Raychelle,
this is Susan from Torquay here, I'm sorry that you had to go through all this. I'm glad that you're ok though. The protest did work, there's Davila now and hopefully everything will be sorted out for Gallaudet.
Thanks for sharing your side of the story as this is the first I have heard about details coming from an eyewitness.
I am sorry that you were slammed in the jammer as ordered by a senile former President of Gally but I am sure it taught you to be a stronger person and that it shows the deaf community to take the stand no matter what.
It inspires me to see how a young energetic person like you stands up for what she believes in..to eradicate social injustice, that is.
Raychelle, you and other UFG arrestees definitely were the sacrifical lambs for all of us, deaf people and Gallaudet University!
You and the arrestees ought to bill IKJ and JK for the bail reimbursement money plus interests since last Octobe 2006. You and others ought to sue IKJ and JK and Paul Kelly for all the emotional distress and physical hardship for your unjustifable arrest in the first place. :)
Warm hugs,
Robert L. Mason (RLM)
i love ur story.. i wonder if u are the one person who held numbers with signs "jk" and "resign" in jail? let me know please, kira :)
HI Raychelle...
Right now I found this about happened to you and some of studies from Galluadet... Also your vlog story about that happened terrible and make me sad what is going on arrest for student also including you too!
I have been watch Tv Cnn and News on Yahoo what I found it! That is time what is happened about Galluadet... I feel like want support to Gally University
Anyways... I was suppose to be attend to Galluadet University last 2000 but me cant! That is my goal to want go to Gally but still I cant! I do love Gally University... There have reason for my life, Oh well...Most of ppl do love in Gally and Support to Deaf each other at Gally... I never make it into Gally or NTID or whatever!
I am so glad that you brave to story about happened to your black friday arrest part 1 and 2, make me lil cry and terrible story...
Thanks for the read this from me.
~~J.R. Tiger~~
Post a Comment